Monday, April 4, 2011

Abundant Blessings

So I am finally able to share the totality of everything that has been going on as of late. As I look back at the past few months, I am blown away and deeply humbled by God's abundant blessings in our lives. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude and thanks, that containing all of my joy has been one huge undertaking.

Just a really quick recap of our first few years of marriage. Literally, the very first day after we returned from our honeymoon, I found out I was laid off from my job. This was devastating. We had just gotten married, moved in together and purchased our first home. The last stressor we needed was a loss of income. I went on to be unemployed for about 4 months, you can imagine the strain this caused on our young, fragile marriage. Also shortly after we moved into our home, I started getting sick. Really sick. Just over a year ago I was spending about 2 months going back and forth to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. I was on medical disability. I went through countless procedures and tests. Finally, the root cause was discovered. But again, it wasn't easy on our marriage. I also must say, in this prolonged storm of our lives, my husband and I grew closer than I could have ever imagined. We saw each other's most vulnerable places and witnessed each other's darkest sides as well. But with God, we came out stronger. However, I was beginning to wonder if our whole marriage was going to be filled with one trial after the other. What happened to the "honeymoon phase?" :)

Fast forward about a year....As you all know, I am pregnant, which in and of itself is a miracle! About 9 months ago, my Dr. had told me that I may never be able to have children. They had found a large cyst as well as endometriosis and I needed surgery. Those words clawed at my deepest heart's desire. I wasn't prepared to hear that I might not be able to have children and wasn't ready to accept it. By God's amazing grace, here we are now expecting a baby! We truly couldn't be more thrilled!

Another thing we had been trying to deal with is our housing situation. We aren't able to sell our home because of the market and what we paid for it, but we wanted to move for more space and the number of issues we've found in our home. For most people, our home would be fine. But Im sensitive to a few things that we've found in our home and I've been more sick since we've moved in here. So, we had been trying to rent out our home. Well, we found some renters. Some GREAT renters. They are a married older couple with one 16 year old child that will be living with them. They are Christians and clean and all of their references checked out great! We are so happy to have them in our home. Praise God again!

The final blessing that I am just floored by, is my husband got a new job!!!! This is something he's been trying at for a while now. He actually had an amazing job offer with a large well-known company in Michigan. It would be a great financial opportunity! But we would have to leave our family and our close friends and support group at our church, which we love! Being pregnant and after much prayer and listening to the Holy Spirit in our hearts, we decided despite the financial gain, this opportunity was not the right one for us. So he turned it down. Not kidding, the NEXT day, this other opportunity he had applied for starting moving, fast! We weren't sure how much this paid or the details, but doors were opening left and right. The next thing we knew, my husband was on a flight for a final interview. Turns out this job was even a better opportunity than the one in Michigan AND it is in the cities! This is the best of the best! God knew there was something even better in store for us and all we had to do was listen to His will for our lives! Well, he got the job!!!!!!!!! We are now house hunting in the South West Metro :)

Really, I am just so so so so thankful, humbled, overwhelmed and in awe of God's provisions in our lives. Can you believe it!? We have been knocked down by blessing after blessing after blessing! We don't deserve these types of blessings. I just am so over joyed. I guess this is a story to never give up hope. There were days just a year ago that I just tried to put all of my dreams on hold or forget about them and just "get by" through life. Thankfully, God had even BIGGER things in store. I can't even believe what He has done and can't wait to see what other amazing journeys He has for us yet. Thank you Lord for your abundant blessings!

Love and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment